Yackandandah Folk Festival Volunteer Application 2013
Volunteers are integral to the running of the Festival and in contributing a few hours of your time, you become part of the community that enables this Festival to happen.
Similar to 2012, the volunteer application process will utilize the web site, requiring volunteers to download, complete and return the application form indicating which roles and tasks you prefer. The volunteer committee will email information to the volunteers with designated tasks and duties. An information sheet for volunteers is available here.
Not too many changes for 2013. The town and the Sports Park will be the co-location for the Festival with the liklihood of some smaller venues.
The committee is open to enthusiastic individuals wanting to take on a greater role with the Folk Festival so if you are keen to get more involved, talk to a committee member to see if there is a role of intererst to you. WIth committee changes, there are always opening for more volunteers on the committee. We are always looking for volunteers for the important tasks on the logistics team and decorating the town. Please consider assisting as without our volunteer committee we do not have a festival. While the time is not huge or cumbersome other than the festival weekend every little bit helps and these roles are essential if we want to keep the festival going.
Volunteers will be wearing the stylish vests at the Festival and we will have the pre-Festival get together and briefing on eitherr Wednesday 20th or Thursday night 21st March.
For those who have volunteered before, thanks for signing up again, and for those who are first timers, welcome.
We would be asking volunteers to commit to at least 2 hours as a minimum and if wanting to do more, even better.
- Volunteers who complete 6 hours of volunteer work will receive a ½ price festival ticket
- Volunteers who complete 12 hours of volunteer work will receive a free festival ticket
- Gathering after festival for volunteers (food and drink provided)
Please indicate the specific job preferences when applying. We will endeavour to meet your preferences for the tasks and available time, but we may have gaps to fill, so may also make requests for certain jobs.
- Manage artists and stage at various venues.
- To liaise with venue control, sound technicians and performers
- To introduce artists and make announcements. The aim is to kill dead time with mention of sponsors, but remeber it is the performers show.
- To introduce artists and make announcements. The aim is to kill the dead time during performer change overs with mention of sponsors, cleaning up rubbish as patrons leave a venue, but keep in mind it is the performers show.
- Be at entry points at venues to check patrons have Festival wristbands.
- Provide information to patrons and liaise with venue management for any specified tasks
- Based at the YCEN in the main street of Yackandandah opposite the Star Hotel, the site will include the ticketing section, merchandise and sales, performer registration and volunteer desk. If you have a specific preference in the festival office please let us know.
- Assist with the logistics team in set up of venues, such as marquee, stage, chairs, toilets and rubbish.
- Assist with packing up at end of Festival
- Assist with set up of food and refreshments for performers at the green room.
- Provide supervision for instruments
Media / Prommotion
- Organise the media coverage of the festival, liaising with radio, print, television.
Recycling and waste management, tree sale and planting projects
- Assist with directing and managing festival car parking area
- Participate in putting up posters throughout the region.
- Decoration of venues.
- Assist in any street decorating activities.
- This venue will be predominantly for young people. Tasks may include; assist with set up of the shed, decorations, sound technician training and assist, venue management and control, etc
- There is often change in the committee with openings for individuals who wish to be more involved in contributing to the Folk Festival. If you are interested mark this category and a committee representative will have further discussions with you. You may indicate what area you are most interested in.
Filling out the application form
The application form can be completed and sent in a few ways:
- As an attachment and email to the folk festival email address
- Copy and paste onto the email
- Or post to folk festival address